Website builders allow individuals and small businesses to create a website quickly without the need to hire a web developer. Beginners may have difficulty finding the best small business website builder.
Many website builders are available. How can you determine which website builder is the best option for you?
You’ll find out about the pros and cons of some of the best website builders available for small businesses.
Let’s get started!
WordPress.org has become the most popular platform for building websites in the world. WordPress is the platform behind 43% of websites on the Internet.
Self-hosted WordPress is the most popular content management system for small business websites. Its powerful features, ease of use, and scalability are all reasons why it’s at the top.
WordPress is a free and open-source website builder. You have the most control of your website in comparison to other website builders on this list.
WordPress gives you full control of your website. No third party can interfere, so you are assured the highest level of privacy.
WordPress is used by many small businesses and popular websites such as WhiteHouse.gov The New York Times Microsoft.
- WordPress is completely free.
- Easy to install.
- You can customize the design of your website to suit your needs using a variety of options.
- There are thousands of premium and free WordPress themes available that can help you create a fantastic blog without needing the assistance of a designer.
- Over 60,000 WordPress plugins are also available for free. These plugins are applications that you can add to your WordPress website. They include features like galleries, contact forms and more. Check out our list of essential WordPress plugins.
- WordPress.org has been optimized for search engine optimization. It is easy to rank your blog posts in Google by using search engine optimization.
- You can enable Google Analytics in WordPress quickly to view the data you need. You will be able to increase your website traffic as well as subscribers.
- Using a drag-and-drop editor, you can easily design your website using popular drag-and-drop WordPress page builders.
- WordPress is a website builder that allows you to create multilingual sites. It has been fully translated into over 75 languages.
- The basic customization is easy, but if you wish to make complex adjustments there will be a learning process.
- You will be responsible for all hosting issues and technical problems.
- Backups and security will be your responsibility.
WordPress.org offers a free service, but you’ll still need a domain and a hosting package.
Web.com has become a popular website builder. They offer simple tools for building websites at low costs, so anyone can create a site without having to know how to code.
- Drag-and-drop web builder is easy to use.
- Easy to install and manage.
- Your website can be enhanced with dozens of templates that are 100% mobile-friendly and fully customizable.
- All paid plans include a free domain name.
- The only website builder that offers 24/7 phone support.
- It offers web design services for a very low price.
- The package includes a business-oriented email address, SEO software, website analytics and more.
- No free trial or plan is available
- The eCommerce plan limits you to 50 products.
- When a business grows, it is difficult to find powerful tools.
- Web.com has a proprietary site builder. It will be hard to move your blog in the future.
Web.com’s starter plan is available for $1.95 per month, which includes a drag &drop website builder and 150+ mobile-optimized templates. It also comes with a free domain.
The marketing package is $3.95 per month and includes SEO features that will help you to rank higher on search engines.
Their eCommerce package is priced at $9.95 per month and includes eCommerce features like the ability to accept and process credit cards through a secure shopping basket, sell unlimited items, track and manage orders, and much more.
Wix allows you to control your website completely. It is not as simple or powerful as some other website builders. Instead, it offers a variety of features and drag-and-drop editing. Wix is used by more than 1,9% of websites.
This is a fantastic website builder that also allows you to create an online store. It has three eCommerce-specific plans and a slew of tools to increase your sales.
- It is easy to create your website. No coding skills are required.
- Wix offers a wide range of eCommerce tools that make it an ideal choice for creating an online store.
- There are many applications and SEO tools.
- Choose from over 800 templates that are fully customizable and professionally designed.
- Support and help are always great.
- Wix’s free version has a limited number of features and Wix’s logo.
- You can’t make any changes to the template after you have published your website.
- Installing third-party applications may require more money for long-term scaling.
- Wix is not easy to switch to another website builder.
Wix provides a free version that includes a Wix subdomain. You can connect a domain at $9.16 per month. The combo plan is $14 per month and includes a domain name for free. Monthly eCommerce plans for online stores start at $23.
Squarespace is the most popular website builder for small businesses. Squarespace is a popular website builder. Squarespace powers 1,8% of the websites on the Internet.
It is primarily aimed at individuals who wish to create an online portfolio or start a blog.
Squarespace allows you to edit their templates. Drag & Drop elements allow you to add images and text to your website. Change the fonts, colors and other elements with ease.
- The interface is easy to understand and use by non-technical people.
- There are more than 100 templates available, all of which are optimized for mobile and tablet devices.
- Includes blogging features.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Editing pages using mobile apps is possible.
- Integration with third-party services is limited.
- Payment processing is limited in eCommerce plans to Stripe Apple Pay and PayPal. You will not be able to add more payment gateways.
- The page speed doesn’t seem to be that great.
The Squarespace plan is available for $23 per month. The eCommerce plan is available for $36 per month.
Webbly allows beginners to build their first website for free.
A page builder is a professional-looking tool that lets you customize your website even if you don’t know any coding.
With a free account you can get started right away, but the domain name will be branded Weebly. You can add a custom-made domain to Weebly premium plans.
Weebly is also able to power websites that need e-commerce integration. Weebly offers unlimited storage in its higher-tier plans, making it easy to create online stores.
- Weebly is free to use.
- Site editor that is easy to use
- Installing hundreds of apps can enhance the functionality of your site.
- Create an online shop with a variety of features and options in just a few minutes.
- Weebly offers a fully-hosted platform. This means that you will not need to hire a designer or developer to add new features or functionality to your site.
- Ads are shown on the free and personal plans. To remove the ads, you need to upgrade to the professional plan.
There are three options for pricing, excluding the free version. Connect is $5 a month (paid annually). The Pro version which includes e-commerce features is $12 per month. The Business Plan is $25 per month.