Looking for the best CMS platform to build your website with?
CMS (Content Management System), a platform that allows one to create a website without any knowledge of coding, is easy. It can be difficult to choose the right CMS because there are so many options.
This article will cover 5 of the best CMS platforms and their pros and cons.
What is a CMS Platform?
A CMS (content management system) is software that simplifies the process of managing content and building websites.
This problem is solved by CMS platforms, which allow you to build a website with no need to learn coding or programming.
You don’t need to know how to code unless you are looking for a CMS that is developer-friendly.
The 5 Best CMS platforms in 2023
These are the best of the best:
WordPress.org tops our list of best CMS platforms. It is an open-source, free CMS that powers more than 43% of the websites on the Internet.
WordPress.org, on the other hand, is a platform that can be installed directly onto your web hosting account. You have complete control of your website, its data and all the features. This is unlike other platforms which may restrict your access.
It is important to not confuse WordPress.org and WordPress.com. WordPress.org, a free and open-source CMS you can use to create any kind of website. WordPress.com is a blogging platform.
- The interface is easy to use and allows you to create, edit and manage content, without having to learn any coding.
- WordPress allows you to create any kind of website. They include online stores, membership websites, multilingual sites, etc.
- There are thousands of WordPress themes as well as WordPress plugins. You can also download plugins and themes from third-party sites.
- WordPress.org also includes SEO-friendly features, meaning it has tools that will help you optimize your site for search engines. Many SEO plugins can help you achieve more.
- The community is also very supportive.
- You are free to earn money from your website in whatever way you choose.
- It’s important to take care of safety, back-ups.
- WordPress offers so many choices and freedom that getting started can be overwhelming. Many beginners choose drag-and-drop plugins to build their pages.
- WordPress.org may not be free, but there are costs associated with premium themes and plugins.
WordPress is open-source and free to download. You will have to pay for the domain name, hosting and any premium themes or plugins you wish to use.
You can find out how to set up a WordPress site in our step-by-step guide.
Joomla is another popular open-source CMS that’s free and comes with many extensions and templates. You can use it for free but will need to purchase hosting and a name. Joomla powers 2% of all the websites on the Internet.
Joomla has many features and is easy to install. Joomla is a great CMS for experienced web designers and developers, but it’s not the best choice for beginners.
- Joomla is a flexible and powerful platform. This is a great option for creating complex or unique content.
- It offers a variety of templates and extensions to allow webmasters to customize their websites to meet their needs.
- Joomla is available in several languages. This makes it ideal for sites that serve a global audience.
- Joomla can be used to run an online store.
- Joomla is easy to learn, but it can be complex for beginners.
- WordPress.org has fewer templates and extensions.
- It is possible that plugins do not always play well together. To fix them, you will need to have coding skills.
Joomla is free but you will need to purchase a domain and Joomla-compatible hosting. Hostinger offers Joomla hosting plans that include many useful features.
3. You can also use Drupal
Drupal is a free open-source CMS that lets you create a website that can handle a lot of data.
Drupal-powered sites are extremely secure and hard to hack. Free installation is available, as well as assistance in transferring an old Drupal site. Drupal is updated regularly and it’s important to always have the latest version installed.
- Drupal makes adding content easy. Custom content types will offer several options.
- CMS software is less susceptible to hacking because it performs regular security tests.
- Modules that are already built-in to expand the functionality of your site.
- Community support is available.
- It’s difficult to alter the look of your website. It’s not as user-friendly as WordPress.
- If you use a large number of modules, the setup process can be very lengthy and time-consuming.
- Customized themes are expensive.
Drupal is free but you will need to pay a fee for your domain and hosting.
4. HubSpot CMS Hub
HubSpot CMS Hub, developed by HubSpot – a leading provider of software for marketing, sales and customer service – is a content manager system (CMS). The CMS Hub was designed to allow businesses to create and manage websites, blogs and landing pages on a single platform.
- HubSpot Website Builder can be used by anyone, even those with no technical knowledge.
- Smart content features allow you to customize your website for specific users or large segments.
- Integrated security features like global CDN, Web Application Firewall, and more to protect your website from DDoS attacks.
- This tool integrates seamlessly with the email marketing tool of their sales CRM. You can optimize your operational workflows.
- There is no free version, only a trial.
- HubSpot CMS does not work well for e-commerce websites.
HubSpot CMS Plans start at $25 per month and include all the features needed to create a fully functional website.
Magento is a platform for eCommerce owned by Adobe. It offers practically unlimited options to tech-savvy entrepreneurs. Magento comes in two forms: Magento Open Source, and Magento Commerce. Magento Open Source can be downloaded for free.
Magento Open Source can also be used to build a website that is exactly what you need. It will take some time to explore and understand all the features and extensions that come with Magento Open Source, even if you are experienced in website development.
- Magento is a highly customizable platform, and many extensions from third parties are available to enhance functionality.
- The payment gateways are supported by the software.
- Magento is an easy-to-use platform that allows you to create a mobile site.
- Magento allows you to manage many products and clients.
- Magento is a costly solution. The installation costs are high.
- Magento can be intimidating to those who are new to eCommerce.
- Magento does not work without dedicated hosting. Your store will need a Magento hosting service that is fast.
Magento Open Source can be downloaded and used for free. Magento Commerce starts at $22,000 per year, which is out of reach for many small businesses.