Best Cloud WordPress Hosting
In the current IT scenario, the ‘Cloud’ is one word that has many different meanings based on the context. From storage and services to modern servers, the meanings are varied.
Companies that specialize in cloud computing generally concentrate on one or more of the following:
- Platform-as-a-Service e.g.: Apache web server
- Backup-as-a-Service e.g.: backup and restore service, file storage service
- Software-as-a-Service e.g.: Webmail
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service e.g.: Rackspace open cloud
The most important advantage of cloud computing is the ability to access large amount of data whenever you want, wherever you are.
Cloud Based Hosting
If it wasn’t for cloud hosting, web hosting would be limited to a single physical server. Dedicated hosting and shared hosting operate in this way. It is because of cloud hosting, the hosts and customers no longer have to stick to these physical limitations. It now allows the hosts to group together the resources of multiple physical devices and create virtual servers. This makes the web hosting packages more powerful and scalable.
The scalability of the hosting plans allows the web hosting customers to increase the resources based on demand. For example, if a site that is originally small starts receiving heavy traffic, the website owner can scale up the resources like space, bandwidth etc. to match up to the demand.
Another benefit of cloud hosting is the reliability. Copies of the website’s data, code and other content is placed on various devices instead of just one. Hence, in the event of a crash or failure, there is always another node ready to take over in place of the primary. As a result, the uptimes guaranteed by the hosts are very high. This kind of a redundancy is provided by different hosts in different ways.
Some use load balancing technology to ensure that virtual data centers can deal with the spikes and falls in demand. Some hosts place the copies of the website on many storage devices and some others use virtual servers for this purpose.
Upsides and Downsides of Cloud Hosting
- There are some web hosting packages that allow you to pay for the services/resources as you use them. This is a very practical option for some sites that have frequent spikes and falls in traffic.
- The configuration or specifications of a single physical machine will not restrict a site using cloud hosting.
- Servers can be added and removed almost instantly.
- Very expensive when compared to shared hosting.
- The website owner has less control on the server location of the website.
Comparison With VPS (Virtual Private Server) Hosting
VPS Hosting is very similar to cloud hosting. It is the most commonly used upgrade option after hosting customers outgrow shared hosting. It is very similar to Cloud Hosting. Both the hosting types are based on virtualization. Also, both use isolation of customers’ virtual servers in an effort to make sure their services aren’t disturbed by each other.
Types of Cloud Hosting Services
Private and Public Cloud
In private cloud hosting, the network, hardware and disk space are provided to one dedicated customer. Whereas, in public cloud hosting the customer has to share the cloud space and resources with other customers of the hosting service.
Benefits of public cloud hosting mainly include the ability to manage your own environment and pay for resources as you use them. On the other hand, private cloud hosting customers get robust security, PCI/HIPAA compliance and ability to customize their hardware.
Just as the name suggests, hybrid cloud hosting combines the features of public and
private cloud hosting. Customers of hybrid cloud hosting ideally get the security of the private cloud and cost-effectiveness of the public cloud.
A VPS or Virtual Private Server is nothing but a single physical server that has been divided into partitions. Each of these partitions is given to a different customer and acts as an independent server. When such a VPS is hosted in the cloud it is called a VPS Cloud.
Scalable Cloud-based VPS Hosting
Dedicated hosting and VPS hosting both have their pros that make these very popular hosting options. However, the problem of limited resources is faced by both of them eventually. Both these hosting types have limited memory, storage space and capacity to handle traffic. This is because they use a physical server and are confined by its capacity.
It is rare for websites to reach this maximum capacity of resource usage. However, some websites experience large spikes in their traffic suddenly and may need more resources than originally anticipated. To deal with these situations, web hosting companies provide Scalable Cloud-based Hosting packages.
Once the customer buys this kind of a hosting plan, the web hosting provider will add a particular resource as and when its requirement changes for the website. Additionally, the customer will have to pay only for the amount of resources that have been used. This works in the favor of businesses that originally start with the small budget and then increase in size on becoming successful.
One important feature of Cloud-based VPs hosting is that a single account can be associated with many virtual servers. Customers that need many servers for different stages of development benefit from this feature.
Most Important Features In a Hosted Cloud Platform
The features that matter the most in a cloud hosting plan are:
- Sufficiently large amount of RAM
- Ability to control the server easily using root access and cPanel (or any other good control panel).
- Quick and easy deployment of servers
- Option for managed cloud hosting
The best cloud hosting provider for a customer would be the one who provides and good package of all the important features at a competitive price.
Cost of Cloud Based Hosting
The price for service from a web hosting company with a good reputation can range from around $10 to $50 plus per month. Companies like BlueHost and InMotion provide packages for $15, with good tech support, scalability of resources and uptime guarantees. This is as inexpensive as it gets for good quality cloud hosting.
Free Cloud Servers
Users can sign up for free trials of cloud hosting. This is usually given on a temporary basis and the user will have to pay to use the actually package after the trial period of 60 or 90 days is up.
Cloud WordPress Hosting FAQ
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is a trendy computer expression that has a special interpretation. In computer science, the term ‘cloud’ means a network of computing devices which work together to supply services. And in web hosting cloud computing means that all web hosting services (the web, FTP, mail, etc.) running on several special servers making sure that a malfunction in one device will not cause a service failure.
The end user of the cloud does not have to deal with the core technology. The job of an end user is just to use the resources from the cloud on order and upon predefined conditions.
What is cloud hosting?
Cloud hosting is based on the cloud computing technologies that involves a limitless amount of machinery to perform a single task as one system. Other hosting solutions (shared or dedicated) depend on one machine only, whereas cloud hosting use multiple machines and its safety measures are certain by many servers. The cloud technology allows easy integration of additional resources, such as space or RAM and thus enable website development.
What are some of the benefits of cloud computing?
There are many benefits of cloud computing. Some of the most important benefits are:
- Unlimited data storage space – even if one hard disk stops working or hard disk has a problem, your data is still safe and you do not have to worry about your data loss.
- Dedicated resources – the most recent cloud computing technology makes sure that your resources are specifically dedicated to only you and not others. This includes RAM and CPU according to the arrangement you choose.
- No particular point of malfunction – all components of cloud computing is ensured to be designed in such a way so that problems can be eliminated. This means that there are no hardware troubles, nor software troubles from the fundamental technology.
- Resource usage efficiency – greatest options to balance to your usage and naturally you are liable to pay only what you use.
- Security – each cloud user can be consistently secluded in his / her own surroundings. This ensures that security problems will be also isolated in the shared environment.
What is a cloud service?
The cloud is a set of connections of servers, and each server has a different task. Some servers use computing power to execute applications or “deliver a service.” For example, Adobe recently moved its
artistic services to the cloud. Other servers in the system are dependable for storing data.
What is a hosting service?
A web host, or web hosting service contributor, is a company that supplies the technologies and services required for the website or webpage to be viewed on the Internet. Web sites are hosted or stored on computer systems that are known as servers and this service is known as hosting service.
What does Virtual Server mean?
A virtual server is a special type of serer that shares hardware and software resources with additional operating systems (OS), in opposition to dedicated servers. Because they are commercial and offer quicker resource control, virtual servers are accepted in Web hosting fields.
What is the cloud-based server?
Cloud-based is a phrase that refers to applications, services or resources made accessible to users via the Internet from a cloud computing provider’s servers. Companies usually develop cloud-based computing as a way to improve capability, increase functionality or add further services on demand.
How do cloud computing and cloud hosting work?
Cloud computing applies conventional supercomputing, or high-performance computing capability, usually used by armed forces and research facilities, to carry out trillions of calculations in just one second of time.
Cloud computing uses networks of huge groups of servers normally running low-cost consumer PC technology with specific connections to increase data-processing tasks across them. This shared IT infrastructure contains large pools of systems that are connected together. Regularly, virtualization techniques are used to increase the power of cloud computing.
What is the internet and what is its purpose?
The Internet, occasionally called only “the Net,” is a global system of computer networks. The internet is actually a network of networks in which users at any one computer can (if they have authorization), get information from any other computer (and sometimes have a discussion directly to users at other computers).
The internet was created by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) of the U.S. government in 1969 and was first recognized as the ARPANet. The main purpose to build a network was to allow users of a research computer at one university to “talk to” research computers at other universities. Aside advantages of ARPANet’s propose was that, because messages could be routed or rerouted in more than one direction, the network could maintain to function even if parts of it were damaged in the event of a military attack or other tragedy.
What are the advantages of cloud hosting?
Cloud Storage is a service where data is slightly maintained, managed, and backed up. The service permits the users to store documents online so that they can access them from any location via the Internet.
- Usability: All cloud storage services let users move or copy their files or important data between the cloud storage and their local storage. It is also very easy to use.
- Accessibility: The files or data that is stored on the cloud computing can be accessed easily from any part of the world through an internet connection.
- Disaster Recovery: It is extremely recommended for the businesses that they always have an emergency backup recovery arrangement in the case of malfunction or any kind of failure. Cloud storage spaces can be used as a backup plan by businesses by keeping the second copy of important files, information or data. These files or data are then stored at a remote location and it can be easily accessed through an internet connection. Even if your original files or data is destroyed, you can easily get access to your data through this service.
- Cost Savings: Large Businesses, companies, and organizations can often decrease annual operating expenses by using cloud storage; cloud storage expenses are about 3 cents per gigabyte to store data internally. Users can also save further costs because it does not require internal power to store information remotely.
Cloud WordPress Hosting Resources
- Cloud Hosting WIkipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing
- Google Cloud Platform – https://cloud.google.com
- Forbes.com – http://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2016/12/22/the-daily-mail-snopes-story-and-fact-checking-the-fact-checkers