Best WordPress Hosting – Bluehost
BlueHost hosting provider is one of the best wordpress hosting companies. They are very well known in the web hosting industry for many different regular and niche hosting plans. These include shared hosting, VPS – Virtual Private Server hosting, dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting and reseller hosting to name a few.
Important features of the BlueHost plans that make this provider stand above its competitors include: excellent 24×7 support, SSH secure shell access,
SimpleScripts one-click installation, great resource management and super-fast servers. BlueHost is owned by Endurance International Group and is one of the biggest web hosting companies. HostMonster, FastDomain and Ipage are BlueHost’s sister companies. They currently host more than 1.5 million domains together. BlueHost was among the companies studied for the analysis of web hosting providers in online learning courses.
WordPress Shared Hosting Plans
BlueHost offers a range of shared hosting plans starting from the most inexpensive basic plan at $2.95 per month. 50GB of website space and 5 email accounts and 100 MB email storage are offered with the plan. This plan can be upgraded to a best value plan at $5.45 per month. Advantages of this upgrade include unlimited websites, unmetered bandwidth and website space, unlimited parked domains, and over $200 in marketing credits which makes Bluehost one of the best WordPress hosting compaines. Extra features of this plan include SpamExperts and SiteBackup Pro.
- Domains – The domain manager offered by this host enables the clients to perform all the admin tasks like updating, transferring, purchasing and tracking of all the domains in one place.
- Scalability – With this hosting provider, upgrading to VPS or dedicated hosting plans as your business grows is very easy.
- Email – The unlimited email accounts offered come with advanced features like account filters, secure POP3 and IMAP support, spam protection and unique user account controls.
- Enhanced cPanel – The interface that comes with all the plans has been built on cPanel and provides tools for simplified website, domain, email and file management.
- Backups – BlueHost clients get the benefit of daily, weekly and monthly backups of their accounts. The optional PRO backup service enables them to restore files and databases when required.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Plans
BlueHost’s VPS hosting plans are built on cloud technology. They enable the clients to take benefit of increased power, control and flexibility. The standard VPS option starts at $19.99 per month. This plan provides the user with 30GB SAN storage, 2GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth and one domain and IP address included. Excellent tech support is available 24×7. Upgrades to this plan are available at $29.99, $44.99 and $59.99 per month.
Basic features of BlueHost’s VPS plans:
- Powerful performance – The VPS plan uses open source technology like OpenStack and KVM. This makes the VPS very powerful and easy to use at the same time. They operate using high speed servers.
- Dynamic resources – Additional storage and server expansions are done dynamically as and when required. CPU and RAM expansions are also going to be introduced soon. All the resource expansions are done smoothly without any admin assistance and are available at competitive prices.
- Instant provisioning – Unlike many other VPS plans that require long wait times for activation, BlueHost’s VPS solutions provision very quickly.
- Guaranteed resource availability – The resources provided by the host’s VPS plan are available at all times which enables the websites to perform at optimum levels.
WordPress Dedicated Hosting Plans
BlueHost’s dedicated hosting plans are known for their provision of high quality website performance, security and control. The standard hosting package starts at $79.99 per month and provides 1TB storage, 4GB RAM, three IP addresses and 24×7 tech support along with many other powerful features. Upgrades can be made at $99.99 and $119.99 per month.
The dedicated hosting plans come with the following benefits:
Extreme speed – The top quality engineering technology used enables this host to provide high performance. Also, due to the use of open source technology like
OpenStack, they have the flexibility to improve performance from time to time.
- Storage upgrades – Bluehost’s clients have the ability to increase their storage whenever needed. This can be done easily using the cPanel interface without the hassles of admin support.
- Root access – This is a useful feature available to advanced users. Complete access to CentOS is available on their control panel allowing the users full control of the server.
- RAID storage – Unlike other dedicated hosting plans, BlueHost provides RAID level 1 storage on its plans. Due to this the all of the clients’ drives are mirrored and security is ensured.
- Dedicated support – The tech support team at BlueHost works hand in hand with the engineers that maintain the servers. This results in quick and effective troubleshooting of clients’ issues.
WordPress Hosting Plan
The WordPress hosting plan is built on VPS technology and provides all that the dedicated WordPress users need to make their websites secure, easy to use and fast. The standard plan starts at an affordable $19.99 per month and provides the users with 30GB storage, 30GB backup, 2GB RAM with one domain and IP address included. The enhanced cPanel, SiteLock CDN and SiteLock Pro security are useful pluses. Upgrades are available to the this plan up to $49.99 per month for the wp ultimate plan.
Important features of the WordPress hosting plan:
- Extreme speed – The VPS power, advanced NGINX architecture and custom PHP-FPM configuration enable the users to benefit from a fast and high performing service.
- Simplicity – This web hosting provider has put in significant efforts to make sure that it is simple and quick to operate WordPress for all the users. The MOJO marketplace for plugins, scripts and other enhancements has added to this feature. Also, they have made the management of WordPress very easy with their customized control panel.
- High security – BlueHost has ensured complete security for its WordPress users with
the help of SiteLock features that include SiteLock security, advanced CDN and SiteLock WAF.
Reseller Hosting Plan
BlueHost uses the ResellerClub for reseller hosting plans. The reseller plans start at $2.95 per month with this provider. The important details included in ResellerClub Linux plans include:
- Easy setup – The ResellerClub makes it easy for clients to start their own reseller web hosting business. The Linux reseller plans are highly customizable with unlimited storage space, sufficient bandwidth and email solutions.
- Efficient billing solutions – The ResellerClub provides an excellent billing panel with the reseller hosting account for simple billing and sales related operations. The panel also takes care of automated invoicing, ticket support, tracking and many other client management functions.
- Premium tech support – the tech support provided by ResellerClub is highly efficient in resolving customers’ tech issues and maintenance of servers is always kept up-to-date.
- Amazing redundancy – ResellerClub uses CloudLinux that takes care of resource spikes and other issues related to website traffic and scripts.
- Robust infrastructure management – Several web hosting issues like disk usage, network bottlenecks, memory and many others are taken care of by ResellerClub’s robust infrastructure. The infrastructure is backed by DELL Rack Servers w/ Dual Quad Core Xeon processors.
- Excellent domain management – The WHM interface enables the client to easily create, manage and administer web hosting accounts and plans to the reseller customers’ needs.
- Huge product selection – More than 800 products are offered by the ResellerClub that can be customized and resold to the reseller hosting customers.
WordPress Cloud Hosting
BlueHost provides cloud hosting services starting at $6.95 per month. Websites hosted on the cloud are safer due to the data being mirrored across several devices. They are also faster due to the caching done using premium hardware and low-density servers. The host provides all this with dashboards that enable the customers easy access to usage trends, page download speeds, uptime and much more.
Programs Offered by BlueHost
- WordPress – BlueHost is currently offering a special package for WordPress users starting at $2.95 per month. This package comes with a free domain, free SSL certificate, easy one-click WordPress Installs and 24×7 support. BlueHost is a reputed provider for WordPress users and this package has also been recommended by WordPress.org. Their high quality technology provides WordPress users with great performance, reliability and functionality.
- 24×7 WordPress support – WordPress experts are available to provide support 24×7. They can be easily reached via phone, email and chat.
- Easy WordPress installation – WordPress software can be setup with just one click. This makes it easy for clients to start their blog or website immediately.
- Scalability – BlueHost has made it easy for customers to grow their business websites or blogs by moving to other more powerful plans after starting small.
- Money-back guarantee – This hosting provider allows their potential customers to try the services for some time without long-term commitment. There are no penalties or fees for quitting the hosting plans.
BlueHost offers an affiliates program enabling its customers to earn money for bringing the host new customers. The affiliates can promote BlueHost on their website and earn $65 per successful referral. Details of this program include:
- Free membership – Becoming a member of the affiliates program is free of charge and takes a few minutes.
- Unlimited earrings – The affiliates can earn any number of commissions.
- Support team – There are experts for this program available to provide members with support and advice.
- High performance marketing – The advertisements provided by BlueHost are carefully designed to attract more traffic and potential customers. The members of the affiliates program get to choose the advertisements and banners that will be displayed on their websites.
- Reliable tracking – BlueHost’s efficient tracking system provides reliable tracking of clients’ click-through ratios, conversion rates and commission payments.
- Campaigns – The members can create their own customized marketing campaigns. Appending the tracking link with a campaign name allows the host to measure and improve efforts on web pages, social media etc.
BlueHost offers a special program for customers involved in education. It applies to both students and faculty. These accounts are available at an affordable rate of $4.95 per month. This plan enables students to get a head start in their respective fields of study. It makes it super easy for them to maintain a portfolio website or blog. They might also need the hosting account for student project work that will help them showcase their talents and experience to future employers. Attractive features of these plans include:
- Free domain name – The education program hosting plan offers a free domain name to its customers.
- Effective portfolio building tools – BlueHost offers tools like WordPress and concrete5 to its student customers for creating an effective ePortfolio. WordPress is currently the most popular website builder with a large number of templates and plugins. Concrete5 is a simple drag-and-drop editor that enables non-technical people to create and edit websites quickly.
- Help getting started – Lots of guides and demo videos are available to tutor beginners on getting started with their first website.
- Custom email accounts – The program enables customers to create professional sounding email addresses that look better on their resumes.
- Account kept active forever – the customers’ accounts can be kept active even after they graduate. They can continue to make improvements to their student websites and even add content or make it larger in scale.
BlueHost for education is one of the most reputed web hosting providers in this sector. The provider’s reliable, friendly and prompt service attracts thousands of new customers every month. Students and faculty can both trust BlueHost for taking good care of their requirements.
Business on Tapp
Business on Tapp is offered for free by BlueHost for all its hosting customers. This allows the customers access to thoughts and ideas of millions of successful small business owners. The game-changing tactics, leadership tips and advice along with how-to documents greatly help new and established small business owners in their fields.
BlueHost is reputed in the field of web hosting for its premier tech support. Useful support resources are available in the form of guides, how-to documents, instructions and FAQs with easy to understand solutions.
Whenever a customer has an issue or a general query the chances are extremely high that information about it will be available in one of the support resources. Technical, sales and account management related support is also available via phone, email and chat. Customers can expect quick replies to queries from the experts available 24×7.
Bluehost Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bluehost?
Bluehost the is a world leading web solution services provider, which provides internet solutions to millions of internet users, website operators, multinational organizations and also provides many other online support services. It has been the leading service provider and has more than 50,000 employees.
What is its history?
Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth started Bluehost. They had only one goal in their mind when they started the organization and it was to create a better hosting company and provide competitive prices for web solutions.
- The company was founded in December 2003 and then it started to rise to its glory.
- By 2007, it had more than 500,000 registered domains.
- By 2008, the number doubled and went up to 1 million registered domains.
- Endurance International Group then acquired Bluehost by 2010.
- By April 2013, Bluehost started to add new significant features in its services, such as VPS and Dedicated hosting solutions.
- WordPress then got associated with Bluehost by May 2014 for optimized hosting on WordPress.
- On 2015, Bluehost introduced Cloud sites as one of its web solutions.
What kind of services do they provide?
Although Bluehost is widely known for providing the web hosting services, it also provides customer support services and conducts different programs such as education program and affiliation program, which are also somewhat related to hosting but are regarded as separate online services. Their hosting services includes:
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
What kind of support services do they provide?
- Chat Services: Bluehost provides chat services. Nowadays, organizations are trying to stay in touch with their clients and their website visitors as much as possible. Since the traffic increases and complaint emails can pile up easily, it is not an easy task to carry out all of those within a minor period. Many organizations introduce chat feature on their websites for a faster level of communication with users.
- Ticket Services: Bluehost also provide support service through ticketing feature which let them address their customers’ concerns and emails much better. This service let the users interact with the support services more easily and in more organized way.
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress Hosting only works on WordPress.org and not on WordPress.com. The reason for this is that WordPress.org gives you full control of not only your domain but also of your web hosting features as well. Meaning you can add plugins, change a style of your website, use source option to edit in WordPress.org which is not the case with WordPress.com. However, WordPress.com costs nothing, but using WordPress.org is not free. A Bluehost WordPress hosting package varies from $19.99 to $49.99 which contains factors such as visits/month, storage, backup, RAM and much more.
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting in simple words, is using a third party server partition for your website hosting. When it comes to hosting, you require your website to stay active all the time and it is not viable for everyone to keep a separate server system for their website. Bluehost’s cloud hosting service eliminates this problem as they have dedicated website hosting servers and they let you use their server partition to control your website without the hustle of setting up a server machine for your website.
What is Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting and what is the difference?
- Shared Hosting: Shared Hosting means having more than one website on a single server machine.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated Hosting means that the server will be only for the specific website and no one else will be allowed to host any other website.
What are the advantages of Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting on Bluehost?
- It is the most economical option for any website owner if the website has less than 5,000 visitors monthly.
- It is cheaper than any other option
- Simple to use, low maintenance cost
- No need to be a Linux operator
- Can easily integrate specified programs and software
- They are dedicated to a single website, so they are substantially faster than shared websites
- They can hold extensive amount of data
- Since no one else is sharing the bandwidth speed, it can maintain more traffic.
- Complete administrative rights
- Can use custom programs and software
What are disadvantages of Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting on Bluehost?
- It has very limited and controlled administration options
- Not much optimization can be done
- If one website attracts a lot of traffic, other websites’ performance gets hampered.
- Expensive to purchase
- Expensive to maintain
- Requires Linux operating system know-how to use it more effectively
What is Bluehost’s VPS Hosting and how is it different than shared hosting and dedicated hosting?
VPS hosting is more organized and effective than Shared Hosting, but still not as impressive as Dedicated Hosting. It lets every server has specified and equally distributed space and specs. As compared to Shared Hosting, where there is no partition for each website but unlike Dedicated Hosting, it also does not have much administration options and controls.
What is Affiliate Program at Bluehost?
Bluehost appreciates other websites, which help in promoting their website and in return, they also
award those websites which help them in diverting their website’s traffic toward the Bluehost. Currently, for every referral that is created by the link which is given to you, gives you a $65 reward.
This helps Bluehost advertise their services more effectively and they also generate the better relationship with their clients as well. Bluehost has developed its own website ad integration software so that it works better with their servers and in return, works better with all the websites.
What is their Education Program at Bluehost?
This package is specifically for the students as it offers them to generate different sets of portfolios and projects that they are looking forward to testing or to present when in an interview. This package includes:
- Free domain name
- Portfolio building tools
- Custom email accounts
- Tech support of Bluehost
The price of the service is also very competitive which is $4.95 per month.